Hostinger is one of the most popular hostings which provides blazing fast speeds along with low costs. Hostinger was initially named Hosting Media. It was after they gathered a million users, over a span of 6 years that they changed their name. Their premium yet affordable hosting plans led them to be one of the top hosting providers in the market.
We will be checking out the single, premium, and business hosting solutions that are provided by hostinger, along with the pros and cons of choosing this as your Hosting Service provider.
|Category||Fast, Cheap, and Secure Web Hosting|
|Uptime:||99.95% – Really Good|
|Average Speed:||350ms – Fair|
|Supported Apps||WordPress, Joomla, PrestaShop, OpenCart, and Drupal|
|Features||Shared, Cloud, Email & WordPress Special Hosting India|
|Site-Transfer||Single Free Site Transfer|
|Support||24/7 Live Chat and Email Support|
|Pricing||Starting from ₹59/mo|
Why should you choose Hostinger?
Most of the naive users tend to get confused when choosing a hosting solution for their website. Hosting plays an important role in attracting and retaining the user base of your website. It this the hosting that decides the overall performance of your website. So it is not advised to choose any random hosting provider but analyze all the aspects considering the speed and pricing of the plans.
In the span of last year we have seen improvements as well as some downfalls, so do check out this review till the end. First, let us look at some of the pros of picking Hostinger among all the other Hosting providers.
1. Server Response Time
Google recommends at least 200ms server response time for an ideal website. The less the server response time is, the faster the website loads on the user’s end. For Hostinger the Server Response Time In USA is A+. Every country has a good performance except Singapore and Bangalore(India) has 200ms. So apparently the USA server is better in performance. It doesn’t mean that India and Singapore servers aren’t good enough. It is just that the servers of the USA are better and efficiently tuned
Hostinger data centers are situated in the UK, USA, Brazil, Netherlands, Singapore, Indonesia, and Lithuania(Europe). Such vast locations around the globe help in transferring the data with reduced latency or delay.
2. Hosting Server Uptime
Have you seen some websites that work flawlessly on some time of the day and not the other? Such website hosting servers do not have great uptime. It means that it fails to deliver consistent performance and as a result the website faces issues.
Talking of the Hostinger Hosting Solutions, their servers have a good reputation of Uptime. They keep their websites up and running around 99.95% of the time so the users do not face any difficulty.
3. Money-Back Guarantee
One great thing about Hostinger is that they provide a 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee. If a customer is not satisfied with the services they can ask for a refund. Apart from the refunding scheme they also have a range of payment options which include PayPal, UPI, Debit Card, Bitcoin, Credit Card, and Bank Transfer, American Express, JCB, and others.
Make sure you check the refund scheme prior to ordering any service as not all of them are refundable.
4. Free Domain Name and Backup Options
Talking about the domain name, you get a one-year free domain name on premium and business hosting packages You also get a temporary domain name for 14 days.
Regarding the Backups, you get an automatic backups feature which automatically backs up hosted data recurringly over the chosen time period. You can also take on-demand backups whenever you feel the need.
Also, the backups are stored off servers, which is a good thing in case of any mishap. The procedure to restore backups is a bit difficult, there is no one-click restore option, but you can get help from the training program.
5. Customer Support
Solving Customer’ query within a limited time is one of the most underrated services a hosting provider can offer. Glad to know that you get 24×7 Live Chat Support in Hostinger.
But do note that there is no phone number available for support. You can reach a third party technical assistance for any kind of issue if you would like to get entertained over the phone.
Technical Support provided here is decent. The Live Chat Icon is easy to find. Whenever you log in, you can see that button in the right-hand corner.
The waiting period is 20-60mins which can go up to 80mins. We used to get a quick response until last year whenever queried for, but now it has become slower maybe due to the huge pool of new customers they are getting. For now, it is pretty decent, and hopefully, they will improve this in the future. Also, Hostinger also provides a vast library of self help tutorials that are well written and easy to follow.
6. Easy to Use User Interface
Talking about Ease of use, you will not see any Cpanel instead you will have hPanel, which is also very easy to use. Everything you need to operate the hosting is placed elegantly in one single location. Users without any prior Hosting knowledge can also easily use it due to the simple and intuitive User Interface. One Click Install script all available so users do not have to go through the hassle of installing Content Management System (CMS) such as WordPress manually.
7. Additional Features with Variety of Plans
Hostinger provides unlimited email accounts for free given that you purchase one of the top two Hostinger plans. A free website builder is also included in case you do not wish to use any other available ones. For caching the data you get an inbuilt Cache Manager. You can also use the given W3 Total Cache plugin along with it.
Other Features Include: Launch your website in 1 click. Easy 1-click install tools. Custom hPanel. Daily backups. Server locations all around the world: USA, UK, the Netherlands, Brazil, and Singapore. Free BitNinja Protection. Unlimited Databases. Deluxe Support. Unlimited SSD Disk Space.
The pricing for the available plans starts as low as $0.99 or ₹59/month which is pretty cheap for a Single Shared Hosting. Cloud hosting is also available costing around $10 a month. You also get a Free SSL Certificate (https for your website) with all the hosting plans which is great.
Hostinger also provides virtual private server options. VPS options include:
CPU power ranging from 1 to 8 vCPUs
RAM ranging from 1 GB to 8 GB
SSD storage ranging from 20 GB to 160 GB
Bandwidth ranging from 1,000 GB to 8,000 GB.
Here are some of the points that you can keep in mind before making a purchase on Hostinger.
- Live Chat can be sometimes time taking and phone support is not available.
- Only one SSL is provided. The Free Let’s Encrypt SSL has to be manually setup on the addon domains.
- The temporary Domain is for 14 days.
- No one-click restore option for backups, you have to manually restore it
How to Buy a Hostinger – Hosting Plan?
Step by step procedure to purchase a plan from Hostinger is mentioned below:
- Before purchasing a hosting plan make sure you have bought a domain. The domain is the website / URL for which you need to buy the hosting. Eg. mywebsite.com
- If you have not already purchased a domain name then you can follow these short steps to get a domain name: Choose a safe domain registrar, you can use Hostinger itself. Search for your required domain name and pick the best available option. Finalize your order and complete the domain registration. At last, verify the ownership of your newly purchased domain.
- Visit https://www.hostinger.in/buy-hosting to check out the available hosting plans with their pricing.
- Select your desired plan and click on the ‘Add to Cart’ button.
- You will now be redirected to the Shopping Cart page. An overview of the plan and other included features will be presented.
- You can adjust the payment options according to your need. Hostinger will provide you options to pay, ranging from 1 month to 48 months. You will also be asked for additional features including Daily Backup, CDN, Cloudflare protection which you can include or exclude depending upon your need.
- If you are eligible then you will also get an option to get a free domain so incase you already not have purchased a domain then you can avail that free benefit.
- After reviewing all the options click on the Checkout Now button.
- Now you will be asked to either sign up or log in. Complete this step in order to make payment for the hosting.
- After successfully logging in you will now be redirected to the payment gateway. Choose your preferred payment option(PayPal, UPI, Debit Card, Bitcoin, Credit Card, and Bank Transfer, American Express) and make the payment.
- After the payment is successful then you will be able to access the hPanel, the cPanel equivalent for the Hostinger.
- You can now configure your website with the given options. In order to make your website live you need to change the Nameservers in your domain to the Hostinger ones.
- Your website will be live and running on the newly purchased Hostinger hosting.
Now coming onto the bottom line. According to us, it is the best affordable hosting option. If you are a beginner and you want an affordable hosting or cloud hosting. You can definitely consider Hostinger as your next Hosting service provider.